Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Language Learning Resources
Mango is an online language-learning program for over 70 languages, including English, Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese), Spanish, French, and more. Lessons range from basic to comprehensive language and grammar skills, and includes lessons in practical conversation skills, providing tutorials, films, and specialty courses in culture. It can be used from a computer or mobile app.
DuoLingo is a free mobile app and website to learn languages in bite-sized chunks. You can take a comprehension text to jump ahead to a module appropriate to your learning level.
Step 1: Get a Kansas Library eCard
Before you go abroad, be sure to get your Kansas Library eCard in one of the following ways:
1) Visit the Learning Commons Desk in Forsyth Library and ask for the Kansas Library eCard
2) You can also register for a Kansas Library eCard from any public library in Kansas
3) Questions? Contact Crystal Hutchinson, Access Services Specialist, at 785-628-4645
The eCard gives you access to digital information resources from the Kansas State Library, including Mango Languages, ebooks and audiobooks of leisure reading materials, and other research databases.
Step 2: Get Started with Mango Languages
- Go to Mango Languages
- "Create a Profile" to save your progress
- Select a language
- Start learning with audio, video, and interactive modules about grammar, language and culture.