Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to Use This Guide
This guide is for ESL students. It is broken into the following sections:
- Choosing a Topic: The resources on this tab will help you identify topics of interest, do background research, and turn your topic into a research question.
- Generating Keywords: The resources on this tab will help you identify keywords to use in your search.
- Searching: This tab provides access to the library catalog and to some recommended databases.
- Evaluating Information: The resources on this tab will help you evaluate information and avoid plagiarism.
- Citations: This tab provides information about when and how to use different citation styles.
- Help and Resources: This tab provides links to other helpful guides and information about how to contact the library and the writing center.